Gaston Family Health Services provides clinical rotations for students currently enrolled in Physician Assistant and Nurse Practitioner programs.
Our process is as follows:
Step 1: An Affiliation Agreement must be in place with GFHS and the university in which the student is enrolled.
- Your University should be able to confirm if this agreement has been processed. If not, please send an email to: email@example.com.
- If no Affiliation Agreement is in effect, you will need to provide an Affiliation Agreement from your University for our review. Please submit the agreement to firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 2: Once the affiliation agreement is confirmed, students will be able to apply for placement, please note that placement is given on a first come first serve basis.
- The link to complete the application for placement can be completed online at https://students.gfhs.info/, your application will not be considered if Step 1 is incomplete.
- In order for your application to be processed without delay, please be sure to indicate what type of rotation you are in need of (Pediatrics or Family Medicine) in either the Special Accommodations or the Personal Biography section plus the County you are interested for placement (Gaston, Lincoln, Catawba, Iredell, and Davidson).
Step 3: Once you are accepted, below is a list of items that will be requested if you are placed with one of our Preceptors PRIOR to your placement.
- Signed Confidentiality Agreement
- Copy of Resume
- Copy of Immunization Record
- Copy of Background Check from the school
- Copy of OSHA/HIPAA training from the school
- Copy of Government Issued Photo ID
- Copy of School Transcript
- Headshot from shoulders up with a plain, light colored background. (We require this for GFHS issued student ID’s)