Gaston Family Health Services’ Community Resource Advocates (CRAs) are available free of charge to assist with enrollment, exemptions and understanding your individual health insurance options.
Did you know the Affordable Care Act…
- Keeps you from being denied health insurance coverage due to a pre-existing condition
- Holds insurance companies accountable for rate increases
- Makes it illegal for health insurance companies to cancel your health insurance just because you get sick
- Allows young adults to remain on their parents insurance until age 26
- Provides free preventive care
- Has certain circumstances which may allow you to enroll outside of the open enrollment period
The Affordable Care Act (Obama Care) puts consumers back in charge of their health care. Under the law, a new “Patient’s Bill of Rights” gives the American people the stability and flexibility they need to make informed choices about their health. Under the law, most individuals who can afford it are required to obtain basic health insurance coverage or pay a fee to help offset the costs of caring for uninsured Americans. If affordable coverage is not available to an individual, he or she will be eligible for an exemption.
Our CRA staff members are available at the following Family and Pediatric Medicine Practices, and can be reached at these numbers:
Catawba Family Care – Hickory: 828.624.0532/828.624.0538
Davidson Health Services- Lexington: 336.243.3232
GFHS Family Medicine – Hudson 704.772.4699
Highland Health Center 704.874.0571
Gaston Family Medical Center – 3rd Ave 704.874.3311/704.874.3307
GFHS Pediatrics – Gastonia 704.853.5066
GFHS Adult & Pediatric Medicine – XRay Dr 704.874.1954
GFHS Customer Support 704.874.1951/704.874.1953
Statesville Family Medicine 704.768.2099/704.768.0521
GFHS Family Medicine – Lincolnton 704.268.3549
If you don’t qualify for affordable medical coverage, Gaston Family Health Services will care for you on a sliding scale fee at any of our locations.