Gaston Family Health Services has three dental clinics:
- GFHS General Dentistry, 991 W. Hudson Blvd, Gastonia
- GFHS Pediatric Dentistry, 890 Summit Crossing Place, Gastonia
- Open Door Dentistry, 425 Wilmington Ave., Statesville
The dental clinics serve county residents who have Medicaid, Health Choice, or private insurance as well as those who are uninsured or underinsured and cannot afford fees charged by private dentists. On average, 80% of the population served is children.
1-GFHS General Dentistry on Hudson Boulevard provides services for children and adults of all ages and has evening hours.
2-GFHS Pediatric Dentistry sees children ages 0-17. In addition to providing a full range of primary dental services like cleanings, fluoride varnish, fillings, sealants, extractions, pulpotomies (baby root canals), and primary crowns, the pediatric dentists perform dentistry under general anesthesia for pediatric patients at Gaston Memorial Hospital. Early morning and late afternoon appointments are available. Hours are: Monday – Thursday, 7 am to 6 pm and Friday, 8 am to 5 pm.
3-Open Door Dentistry provides similar general and preventive oral care services. The clinic is open Monday through Wednesday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
To schedule a dental appointment:
- GFHS General Dentistry (Gaston County): 704-853-5191
- GFHS Pediatric Dentistry (Gaston County): 704-874-0377
- Open Door Dentistry (Iredell County): 704-838-1108
For more information about the Gaston Family Health Services dental facilities, please call 704-853-5191.