Gaston Family Health Services has a team of certified application specialists available free of charge to assist with enrollment, exemptions and understanding your individual health insurance options.
Did you know the Affordable Care Act…
- Keeps you from being denied health insurance coverage due to a pre-existing condition
- Holds insurance companies accountable for rate increases
- Makes it illegal for health insurance companies to cancel your health insurance just because you get sick
- Allows young adults to remain on their parents insurance until age 26
- Provides free preventive care
- Has certain circumstances which may allow you to enroll outside of the open enrollment period
The Affordable Care Act (Obama Care) puts consumers back in charge of their health care. Under the law, a new “Patient’s Bill of Rights” gives the American people the stability and flexibility they need to make informed choices about their health. Under the law, most individuals who can afford it are required to obtain basic health insurance coverage or pay a fee to help offset the costs of caring for uninsured Americans. If affordable coverage is not available to an individual, he or she will be eligible for an exemption.
Our team is ready to help you. Contact us at one of these convenient locations:
Catawba County – 828-624-0538
Gaston County – 704-874-1918
Davidson County – 336-243-3232
Iredell County –704-768-2099
Lincoln County – 704-735-1336
Spanish line – 704-874-1954
If you don’t qualify for affordable medical coverage, Gaston Family Health Services will care for you on a sliding scale fee at any of our locations.